Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ni Hao!

Ni Hao! That is Mandarin for "hello"! We are all trying to learn Mandarin so we can speak to Adam in his own language...although I'm sure we will butcher it EVERY time! I hope we get some points for effort! So far we can say, "Hello, How are you?, I love you, Thank you, Mom, Dad, little sister, little brother, Do you want water?, Are you hungry?, Are you tired?" We're getting there.

I just love Abby's sensitive heart. We've explained that some mothers in China can't take care of their children and have to leave them to be adopted. Almost every night for the past few weeks she has prayed for "all the mommies in China who have to give away their kids, that they won't be too broken hearted" She also prays for all the children "that they will find mommies and daddies" I love how sweet she is.

So, we've finished the Homestudy. I have to meet with our social worker tomorrow to go over all the paperwork for the dossier.

Brian has been fighting some sort of stomach bug, he's been vomiting since 9:30 this morning...right before we left for church! Mark and Brian stayed home. My poor baby was soooo hot this evening, his temp shot up to 101.2 degrees. He hasn't thrown up since 2:00 pm...so I'm hoping the worst is over. I should have know he was sick when all he wanted for breakfast was raisins.

We have the flower border removed from Adam's room. Somehow I don't think a 10 year old boy would appreicate a flower border! Now we need to paint and find a bed! We're going to paint the room white and let Adam pick out a border, etc.

I was completely shocked last week when I was looking for the kids' snowboots, I found a box of boy clothes that should fit Adam! I must have gotten them as hand-me-downs for Brian. Don't you love surprises!

Well, I guess I better get back to watching the Super Bowl commercials. Yes, that is why I watch the Super Bowl!!

Have a good night everyone...remember to pray for Adam!

Beth

No comments: