Wednesday, February 25, 2009

God is amazing....

I haven't posted a blog entry for a little while. I've been feeling very "down" about the adoption...the process takes so long, are we doing the right thing, "what are we doing?", etc. I've been worried about the money to pay for the adoption and all of those "practical" concerns.

I read a Jeanette Oke book called, "Too long a stranger" At one part in the book the main character is thinking over her life and realizes that she should have been relying on God instead of running herself ragged to do it all herself. Also, I was reading a blog by a woman who has adopted three girls from China. During the process, she questioned if she should be adopting a third daughter. She said that it is amazing to realize that not only did she feel led to adopt this particular girl but her husband did as well.

To read this, when I am so filled with doubts, is just amazing! God will provide all we need, whether is it encouragement or more practical concerns. I know I will probably be doubting again through this process but I just want to say, "Thank you Lord!"

We are almost finished with the homestudy, we have to complete a few more forms. We are also starting to collect the documents for the dossier. My (Beth) birth certificate came in the mail today. We are waiting for Mark's to arrive as well.

This past weekend we bought some things for Adam's care package: a blanket, a few toys and picture albums to send to him.

Please continue to pray for Adam. We pray for his health, safety and that someone will share the gospel with him until we are able to arrive.

Beth

No comments: