Sunday, May 17, 2009

Puzzle snafu!

Well, I was so excited today to work on the puzzle. We have 242 puzzle pieces sponsered! I planned to work on the puzzle today until we had 242 puzzle pieces put together. Abby and Emily were hanging out watching me put the puzzle together. Things were going great, I was putting sections together, I got the bottom edge done, I got the left side done. I was working my way up on the right side and working on the top edge at the same time. I was practically jumping up and down I was so excited....then it happened. There weren't any more edge pieces, but we weren't finished yet!!! Did I tell you all that I got this puzzle on Ebay? That it was used but "all the pieces are there"? At least that's what the seller said....he was wrong! We frantically dumped out all the pieces in the box, in case we missed it. Nope! Well, my motivation just drained out of me!

I have my motivation back, we've ordered a new puzzle and as soon as it arrives I will post a picture of our new puzzle, with 242 pieces put together! Our puzzle is still 1,000 pieces and the picture is still a panda. Just a small setback.

Also, I wanted to thank all the generous people who have donated to our puzzle. I am constantly in awe of the generosity and love everyone is showing to our family. Thank you to Josh, Jen, Dave, Luke, Bruce, Lorriane, Suzanne and Marc. We received a donation from someone who doesn't even know us...thank you so much!! So far we have raised $1,215...Praise the Lord!

Our homestudy should be completed this week. After that we continue to work on the paperwork for the dossier. Someone we met recently said it best...adoption is "hurry up...then wait....hurry up....then wait"

Our yard sale is scheduled for May 30th. If you have anything you'd like to donate (and you live close to Delaware) let me know. Thank you so much to everyone who has already donated.

Time to go....

Beth

No comments: