Friday, September 17, 2010

Were're here!

The following was typed out when we were flying.
 
 
We are flying and are close to the North Pole.  We are 5 hours into our 13 hour flight.  After trying to sleep I felt
led to type out my feelings.  I felt convicted that I had not fully realized God's hand in our adoptions.  I
spent a few minutes praying and thanking God for the wonderous things He has done for us.  God led us to perserve
through the "mountains" of paperwork.  He provided for our financial needs throughout this adoption, when we
needed funds they were there- whether through a grant, a gift or a loan.  Praise the Lord for His faithfulness!
He "allowed" our journey to take longer than predicted, so that we would have the blessing of adopting Megan and
Adam together, as brother and sister!  Two children who have been best friends for years will be siblings in three
days!  Every step of this journey had been mapped out by our Lord before our children had been born, before Mark
and I were born.  Praise the Lord for His wisdom!!
There have been times that I have doubted that adoption is the right path for our family.  Thank you Lord that I
did not allow that doubt to sway me from your path.  I have felt fear of the unknown and there have been, and
continue to be, many unknowns.  Even this morning, when I was preparing to leave, I felt fear come over me. 
Thankfully the Lord reminded me that Satan would love to paralyze me with fear, if it will keep me from God's plan.
I rebuked the devil, loudly enough that Mark asked if I was ok! That fear left and I praised the Lord for his
faithfulness to His Children. 
We will land in Beijing in eight hours so I should finish up so I can sleep. 
Please continue to keep us in your prayers so that we can do our Father's will.

 
We have been in China for three days.  Beijing was quite an experience.  It rained almost the whole time were were there.  We toured for a whole day and we saw The Great Wall of China, the Olympic Village, a Cloisonné factory and Tiananmen Sq. 
We will be meeting Adam and Megan tomorrow around 10:00, which is Saturday night at 10:00 am for our East Coast friends and family.  I will try to post photos as soon as I can.  We have been told that Adam is very talkative (sounds like Brian) and Megan is quiet and shy with new people (which sounds like Abby and Emily)  I think they will fit right in! Please continue to pray for their transition. 
Beth

4 comments:

Dorie said...

We'll continue praying! Looking forward to hearing more updates.

Difference2This1 said...

So glad you made it and having these memorable experiences in China. Praying all goes well when you meet them and you get through the period of time until final papers are signed with no concerns. The completion of the adoption paperwork is a huge hurdle to overcome....I'm thankful it is finally in His time for it to happen! God bless, Jennifer

Rachel said...

Thanks for the update Beth! :D It is good to hear of your flight and how you all are doing.

I am so glad you told us of your doubts and fears, because to me, it's hard to imagine doing things like this that to me seem so BIG. ;) Now I see it's just the same as the little things...we just have to trust God and rely on Him for each step of the way. :) Thank you and Mark for your godly examples! :D

Our whole family is keeping you all in our prayers and for Adam and Meghan too!

God's blessings be on you all! :)
~Rachel~

KinDE said...

Isaiah 45:2 - He's already there and working!
Praying for continued courage and faith for you and watching in awe to see how God continues to provide what you ALL need. Amazing to think He knew all this ahead of time - thanks for the reminder.
Praying and can't wait to hear more!
Kristin