Thursday, September 23, 2010

Interesting day!

Well, today was very "interesting"! We bought Adam a chess set, he loves chess but neither of us play chess. It looks like we're going to have to rely on my dad to be Adam's chess partner! Well, when we showed him the set he imediately started putting the pieces on the board. Mark ran out to get some snacks for lunch so Adam picked me to play chess with him! You haven't experienced confusing until your son, who is speaking Chinese, trys to explain Chess to you! I used the phrase "Bu Dong" which means "don't understand" more times in five minutes than I ever thought I would! He ended up telling me in Chinese while moving most of my pieces for me. When one of the pieces would capture another piece he would make a "chomping" sound like one piece ate another one! So cute!

We also found Toy Story 2 and 3 DVDs for less than $2 each. last night Adam and Abby watched it on the computer and Adam got so excited at parts that he was jumping up and down in his chair.

Megan is doing well. She is much more shy than Adam. We brought a beach ball and when we play with it we end up doing a "hotel volleyball game" that gets everyone laughing. I love seeing Megan laugh!

Right now we're mainly still calling Adam and Megan by their Chinese names but we are starting to transition to using calling them Adam JiuJiu and Megan YanMei to get them used to their American names.

We apprieciate your prayers.

Beth

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Aww, I am so glad you all are getting acquainted well. :) I can picture Adam doing those things...boys. ;) They are the same no matter where you are! :) Lol!

I'll be praying more for Megan that she will open up more to you all. :) <3

Blessings!
Thank you for the update!
~Rachel~

Kim said...

so glad you posted! I kept checking every morning to see if there was a new one. Happy to see you made it to the white swan- your on the last leg of your trip- home is in sight. Enjoy the rest of your stay in China. Wishing we were there! We are praying for you. I am reliving our journey through you :)

Jim Kramer said...

Excited for you and praying fervently. Can't wait to meet them.