Monday, February 15, 2010

We are in need of prayers

I have been trying to find out for several weeks if China has approved us to adopt two children at the same time. Today I spoke with our social worker and she said that she is under the impression that we would have to travel a second time to adopt Megan (if we were approved by China). I cannot stand the thought of traveling twice and leaving our young children twice within a short period of time. I also don't think this would be good for Adam to be adopted and then shortly either left at home with grandparents as caretakers or to travel to China to the same orphanage that he recently left. I anticipate that there would either be some attachment issues with having another set of caregivers for two weeks or issues with being in China again when he may not have attached to us yet.

I know that God can work this situation out if this is in his plan but in my human-ness I do not want to travel twice. Please keep us in your prayers.

Beth

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Yes, will do! Continuing to keep you all and all these details in our prayers!

God Bless!
~Rachel~

Mom 2 six said...

Prayers said !

Mom and Dad B. said...

We continue to pray for you (our children and grandchildren) as you seek God's will in bringing a child(ren) into a loving home and under the sound of the Good News of Jesus' love.
We love you! Mom & Dad B.