Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Small update

We are having some good days but the bad days are so bad that they over shadow the good days.
I told my mom that it feels like all the good stuff is being drained out of me and the only thing left is stress.

Yesterday I took Yanmei to see an opthomologist to have her eyes examined. It went well. Her left eye is 20/20 and her right eye is 20/40. We are going to try to get her right eye to improve if possible before the Dr does surgery on Yanmei's left eye. Yanmei is resisting the idea of surgery right now. We are hoping that she changes her mind. We won't force her to have surgery but I think it will help her so much. Yanmei's opthomologist is Chinese and was able to explain everything without having to have an interpreter involved. She is a very nice woman and she told Yanmei that she could call her anytime.

Beth

3 comments:

Annette W. said...

I read your post and this one http://literacylaunchpad.blogspot.com/2010/12/shifting-paradigm.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+LiteracyLaunchpad+(Literacy+Launchpad)&utm_content=Google+Reader both this morning...and both were speaking of the difficulties after adoption.

May you find encouragement today in God's grace and love!

Kim said...

Praying for you. continue to cling to Jesus and his strength. I pray your family has a "good" day on Christmas day!

Anonymous said...

I understand your first couple of statements totally. We have had a rough 6 months and the first 3 were exhausting. I was literally in survival mode, a survival mode I didn't know I had in me.

I don't share it all with my Mom b/c I want to adopt again and she would be very discouraging to that if she knew all of the details. She knows quite a bit and is very supportive, but anyway I can so relate.

Email me at cljjs (at) yahoo (dot) com anytime if you want to vent to someone who can relate and will just listen w/out trying to solve all of it. {{{HUGS}}} Leslie

P.S. Donna O sent me your blog url