Saturday, December 25, 2010

First Conversation

Last night Yanmei and I had our first conversation. It was pretty cool. Yanmei was asking how old Mark's parents and siblings are and how old my parents and sister is. Also we talked about my grandfather and how the rest of Mark and my grandparents have died (I even told her that they are all in heaven with Jesus..I don't know if she understood that). I explained that Jiujiu is her Didi (little brother) which she didn't agree with (I don't know if she doesn't think of him as her brother yet or if she just didn't want to call him her Didi or if she thought Jiujiu would be upset if he heard that) I explained that even though they are both 12 her birthday is in June and his is in Sept so she is old then him, I know she undestood because she said "three", meaning three months.

It was pretty cool.

Beth

4 comments:

The Perreca Family said...

How exciting and encouraging!! Your family has been in our prayers- how exciting how God is working!!

Heather said...

Just found your blog again. Congratulations on your newest children. These days are hard ... we have been home 8 weeks and there have been some bad days. I will pray right now that you can see the progress in the baby steps and that HE gives you a refreshed spirit for each new day.

mom2three said...

I came across a scripture that helped me when we were going through those first months of chaos.--Lamentations 3:37 Who can speak and have it happen if the Lord has not decreed it?--It did not happen because I wanted it to or spoke it into happening. Our son joined our home because the Lord decreed it. And if it was the Lord's will, then He would help me deal with the stress, anxiety, fear of what in the world was I thinking to add an older child to our home, and the chaos. It's been two years since then, and I can say that the the Lord is faithful. You will be able to look back and see His hand.

Shirlee McCoy said...

And, it will only get more cool. It is so much fun to finally be able to converse with a child.

I continue to pray for your family. I know the struggles have been mighty, but I truly believe the rewards will far outweigh them.