Tuesday, June 22, 2010

We have our I800!!!

We have our I800s yesterday. This is the approval from the US govto allow us to bring Megan and Adam to America! We will be mailing these documents, and about 5-6 other documents, to our adoption agency today. I believe this is almost the last paperwork we need to send to China. We have to submit visas for Mark, Abby and myself so we can travel to China but that is not until closer to the travel dates. We have paperwork that we will be bringing to China. I belive this is all the paperwork until we arrive in China. We will have a lot of paperwork to do in China to finalize the adoptions.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I responded to your email post on AOK about what to ask the therapist...looking at your blog, and knowing you have younger kids I guess my questions would be
1. How to protect/prepare our younger kids for the chaos of post adoption 2. How to meet everyone's needs 3. What to do to prepare for competition/jealousy from the older adopted children vs the bio kids. I have six biological children, and we adopted a 12 year old girl last summer. My kids at home were 15 and 17. The hardest part has been the competition and jealousy, and learning how to be a part of a family (parents in charge, etc) We knew that it was right to adopt our daughter, and that this was what Heavenly Father wanted for her, and for us, which was what got us throught he toughest times. It was ALWAYS worth it, and it is definitley right, and we are glad, but it was tough. Your oldest (adopted) may enjoy being a very involved big sister to your younger ones, which may help her...our daughter really hated being the youngest, and really longs to play with little kids, so we try to provide that.
Best wishes to you! It's a big adventure!