Tuesday, May 4, 2010

If I could send a letter.

The Saturday before Mother's Day is sometimes celebrated in the adoption community as "Birthmother's Day". We may never know who Adam and Megan's birthmothers are. Current laws in China may keep us from ever knowing. If, one day, we are blessed to know their birthparents I would like to send them a letter with my thoughts before we adopt these children. I would like to thank them for carrying them to term and for the care they gave before they allowed them to be found. I would like to thank them for placing them where they would be found quickly. I would like to tell them what their child is like now. I would like to share that we hope to encourage the children to know about their birth culture.

I may not be able to send these letters. I will pray for the families who cannot share the lives of these children. I will pray that they will hear about Jesus and that one day we will be able to meet them in heaven.

Beth

No comments: