Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Something to "watch out" for...

On Saturday we had our yard sale to raise money for the adoption. After the yard sale we took the kids out for dinner. I asked Abby if I could write something on her coloring page and she said, "I bet it's about Adam!" So, I started to wonder if we focus too much on Adam and the kids are feeling left out. (I actually wrote "I (heart) Abby")
I asked Abby if she feels like we talk about Adam too much and she said yes. This could be because we talked about Adam and the adoption to pretty much everyone who came to the yard sale. But it is a bit of a wake up call to make sure that the adoption doesn't take over our life. There is so much to do to adopt internationally that it does feel like it takes over sometimes so I just need to be aware of that and make sure that we also focus on Abby, Emily and Brian.

Anyway, thanks for "listening"!!

Beth

No comments: