Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Our puzzle is here!

Our puzzle arrived in the mail today,gotta love Ebay! We have come across a bit of a snafu...we have to find a place to set it up where Brian won't get to it. A 1,000 piece puzzle and a 2 year old boy do NOT mix! Brian is a typical boy- he loves trucks, tools and sports and there is something to be trashed- he will do it! I'm thinking we might put it in the garage on a small table we have, now I just need to make sure Mark doesn't let Brian follow him into the garage! I'll check with Mark and see what he thinks.

Good news...we have three puzzle pieces "sponsored" Yeah! Thank you Kristin, Mom and Dad. Only 997 to go! LOL! I printed a flier about the fundraiser and posted on our church bulletin board.

Last night before bed I was wondering what Adam's reaction will be when the orphange staff tells him someone is adopting him. I imagine there will be anxiety, some happiness and probably a lot of fear. I need to remind myself that while his adoption day will be a happy day for our family, it will probably be a scary day for him. We have some pictures that other adoptive parents have shared with us. We have been in contact, email, with three other adoptive parents from Adam's orphanage. We have gotten about 12-13 photos with Adam in them. Some are as early as 5-ish. It's so wonderful to see these small snapshots of him. There are a few where he looks very sad and it just breaks my heart...I want to reach out and hug him right now. I just need to pray that until I can comfort him that the Lord will comfort him for us.

Mark and I are leaders at our church's AWANA program. We work with the "Cubbies" group (3 and 4 year olds!) One of the Cubbies' fathers stopped to talk to me after and he told me that his daughter has been praying and talking about all the orphans she has been hearing about in church time (one of the leaders goes on regular missions trips to help out orphanages and talks about the children). The father asked if we were adopting and I was able to tell him a little about the process. I told him that he and his daughter could see a photo of "our son" on a bulletin board that was put up in the church hallway. It has pictures of all the children that our church profiled for "50 Churches 50 Children." I can't count the number of parents that have come up to me and told me that their kids are praying for us and for Adam. Thank you so much everyone...every prayer is appreciated!!

If anyone needs specifics to pray for: please pray that Adam will be healthy, safe and happy. Please pray that someone will be able to tell him about God's love for him, Please pray that we can finish up the homestudy soon. Please pray that the dossier process goes amazingly fast. Please pray that we can find a bed for Adam (we have his dressers). Please pray that we can raise the money to pay for the adoption. Please pray that Adam's adjustment is easy. Please pray that we will be prepared for whatever may happen. Please pray for Abby, Emily and Brian that we will make sure to make time for them.

Thank you all for all that you have done to help us with this adoption.

Beth

No comments: