Monday, July 11, 2011

We're still here.

Our summer has been stressful so far. There is a lot of defiance of Mark and I and it is coming from all the kids.

Abby, Emily and Brian went to a backyard bible club at a friend's house a couple of weeks ago. it was nice for them to spend some stress-free time but they wanted me to stay the whole time so I wasn't able to get some "me" time like I have in past years. There is some clingyness with one of my kids and this has been for the past nine months. I believe she doesn't feel safe unless she is with me.

Please keep us in your prayers. I feel like the behaviors of defiance that we saw at about 4 months home have continued for five months with little or no change. It is frustrating to see no progress in this area.

Jiujiu and Yanmei's english is improving but there are still comunication issues.

Beth

3 comments:

Debbie Phillips said...

Beth,
Prayers and Hugs.
Call me if you need to talk. I saw you near the end of Linger on the Lawn and wanted to ask how things were going but you were heading inside. If there is anything we can do to help... besides continue to pray... let me know.

Are you ready for school to start up??? LOL We start early so I am scrambling.

More hugs and more prayers.

mom2three said...

Beth,
Even though we haven't heard from you for awhile, and partly because we haven't heard from you, I wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my prayers. Lord, I ask that Your peace will flood this family. That Your hand will be upon them to lead and direct. That Your joy will fill their hearts.
Amen.

Toyin O. said...

I will keep you guys in prayer!