Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Talking with Adam and Megan...

It turns out it was phone call, not a Skype video call. It was WONDERFUL to hear their voices. They kept asking when we were coming for them. We were told that they were "fighting" over the phone since it wasn't a speakerphone. We had a translator but we did hear them speaking some English. I asked what their favorite colors were and we heard Megan say, "BLUE"! So sweet! It was hard to distinguish which child was talking over the computer speaker.
Abby wasn't shy about talking but Emily didn't talk to them, she was very shy. Brian was having too much fun making friends with the translator's wife! (If you know Brian, that is just "typical Brian".)

I did use some of my Chinese phrases to talk to Megan and Adam and I think it went over well. I tried them out on the translator while we were waiting to make the call and he said that I did well.

What a wonderful end to the day!

Beth

4 comments:

Debbie Phillips said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie Phillips said...

Messed up my fist comment. Need to get to bed, but first, hopefully, I can say what I want, and make it coherent.

Great, Great, Great. Hopefully you will be able to talk with them all the time soon. When you bring them home!! Continued prayers.

Debbie Phillips said...

oops see I misspelled first... should have just left it until the morning... hope that brought you a smile anyway. :)

Annette W. said...

Wow! What a blessing for your family, especially Adam and Megan. Thank you for sharing. I hope you can Skype sometime too!