Friday, April 9, 2010

Prayers for TB tests!

There is something that is causing stress for adoptive parents recently. Our international kids need to have a TB test before they are issued a visa to travel to the US with their new parents. There are some kids who have not been allowed to travel home with their families. I know of at least one little girl who had to stay in China while her parents traveled home. After her parents advocated for her she was able to join them in America after several weeks. Obviously this is hard on the children and their parents. Some families have been faced with the possiblity of staying in China for several weeks with their newly adopted child and paying extra money for food, hotels, etc.

We have requested that Adam and Megan's orphanage get a TB test done on them before we travel so if some treatment is needed that it can be started before we travel so that there is no delay in bringing our new children home. Our agency has passed the request on to the orphanage but they told us that they don't think a TB test will be done. Obviously I am praying that they don't have TB and that this is a moot point while we are in China but I also would like to have as much information as possible before we travel. I guess I don't know what I am asking for. Please pray for Adam and Megan's health and safety.

When we have Megan's LOA (Letter of Acceptance) we can post her picture. I can't wait to share a photo of our beautiful girl!

I can't wait to bring them home! They need be a part of a loving family soon. I feel so blessed that we were chosen to be that family.

No comments: