Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Adam!!!

Today is Adam's 11th birthday. Last night the girls helped me make an ice cream cake. I pray that this is the last birthday where Adam isn't with his family. I keep seeing things on the news about the significance of 9/9/09 and all I can think is that Adam can't be with us on his birthday. In the Chinese culture the number 9 is a lucky number, so I see this as a plus for Adam in his birth culture. I didn't get a chance to type this up earlier and in China Adam's birthday is already over. They are 12 hours ahead of us so it is 4:45 am in China.

Dear Lord, please hold Adam in your arms. Help him to know that there is a family that loves him. I pray that he had a wonderful birthday and that the adoption process will go quickly so we can hold him in our arms soon.


Please keep our little man in your prayers. Please pray that the process goes quickly so we can travel as soon as possible.

(I will post a picture of Adam's birthday cake later this evening.)

Beth

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Aww, I pray Adam's birthday was celebrated there in China. I keep praying for him and for your family! Hopefully soon he can be with you all!

Blessings!
~Rachel~