Sunday, July 19, 2009

1/4 of the way there!! Also, school news...

We have raised/been approved for 1/4 of the amount needed to adopt Adam. This is from the fundraisers, the grant from Bethany and the money we've saved. Right now I have several books listed on Ebay, with several more to be listed in the coming weeks. We have been listing "leftovers" from our yard sale on Craigslist. Mark is just looking forward to clearing out the garage again!! LOL!

On that front, we have had 470 puzzle pieces sponsored so far. We are, unfortunately, not as far along on putting the puzzle pieces together! If anyone lives in DE and loves to put puzzles together...I can give you our address. Yes, I am serious!...Either email me or call me (302-832-9036)

We mailed out our application for the I800A last week. We are working on the dossier, we're 2/3 of the way through our "checklist" for the dossier.

We have applied for one adoption grant and are working on several others right now.

On to the "school news", Mark and I have decided to homeschool Abby and Emily. There are definate financial reasons for this decision but I am feeling excitment about this new direction in the girls' schooling. This is something that I NEVER thought I'd been doing...and some of you have heard me say that!

Off to research homeschooling and work on adoption "stuff"!

Beth

2 comments:

Annette W. said...

Other blogs are great resources for blogging. ABC and 123 might connect you to some with some moms with similar ages...and I know many of the blogs I follow discuss curriculum and such. PA has an online homeschool through the public schools. Maybe DE does too.

Congrats on so much progress.

I met your sister at Pinebrook. She's really sweet!

Rachel said...

That's great Beth! I am continuing to pray for little Adam and your family! I am so glad you have chosen to homeschool! I know your girls will love it! =:D Much more time with mom that way! =;) My mom has TONS of resources so if you ever need any help, you can always feel free to ask her! She would love to help! =:)

Blessings to you all!
~Rachel~