Sunday, April 5, 2009

Final documents for homestudy!!

Well, we have the final documents for the homestudy almost ready, we just need to update a few amounts and mail them in. Yay!!
After this we move onto the MAJOR paperwork...the dossier!

In a completely unrelated topic...we almost finished our garden today. Abby, Emily and I planted the seeds and we just need to plant our new strawberry plants. I told the girls that in about 10 days we should be able to see our little plants poking their little heads up.

I am always on a quest to find birthday gifts that are not "toy" gifts. My girls are very interested in butterflies and ladybugs. I bought them caterpillars and ladybug larvae and now we are watching them grow and soon they will enter the pupa stage. Abby received permission from her teacher to bring both in to class...but on separate days, I don't want her to drop them! She is taking the ladybug larvae to class tomorrow and the caterpillars on Tuesday. I love that they are so excited by these gifts!

Brian will be getting a "non toy" gift for his birthday as well. He has really become interested in Superman lately so either I or one of the grandmothers will be buying him Superman sheets for his bed. He loved the Diego sheets he got from Grandma and Grandpa last year! I may even ask for a set of Thomas sheets...he loves that little engine!

If anyone lives in the DE area, we are having a yard sale to raise money for the adoption, if you have items that you'd like to get rid of you can drop them off here. We have a lot of things but "the more the merrier"!! You can email me for our address if you find something that you'd like to donate to our yard sale. beth_c_smith!@hotmail.com

In the prayer request area, we have a twin bed frame and a twin box spring but we don't have a mattress for Adam. That is a big need right now. I am hoping to get a bed set up in his room by the time we are officially matched with him so we can send him a picture of his new room.


Well, I must sign off. Have a great night.

1 comment:

Annette W. said...

Oh, I love the idea of sending Adam a picture of his room. We might have some items for your yard sale, but not much if we do. I think I have some clothes that will never fit me again...and others that I will hold onto just in case. :)